As a small business owner, I realised from the start that to be noticed you had to be seen and that is when I decided to get involved with Henley Literary Festival. It did not necessarily bring me business but awareness and a great support network which is invaluable.
Over the years, my passions have also included politics, and networking and below is just a taster of what I have done.
Henley Literary Festival www.henleyliteraryfestival.co.uk
- I am one of the only companies to have supported this brilliant annual event, since it started in 2008. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to sponsor the following authors/artists and have met many inspirational authors. The authors that I have sponsored during this time are: 2022 ~ Dr Julie Smith interviewed by Bryony Gordon 2021 ~ Dr Alex George and Dr Emma Hepburn 2020 ~ Due to the pandemic it was a virtual/online festival however, I still sponsored the event with a monetary donation 2019 ~ Charlie Hart and Beth Lynch 2018 ~ Kate Humble (Maggie’s) 2017 ~ Sir Chris Bonnington 2016 ~ Harry Parker (Walking with the Wounded) 2015 ~ Lieutenant General Sir Barney White-Spunner. And, the acclaimed Virginia McKenna. 2014 ~ Princess Michael of Kent. 2013 ~ Sir Michael Parker. 2012 ~ Penny Junor and Sir John Major. 2011 ~ The acclaimed Wilbur Smith and Craig Brown, Eleanor Bron and Simon Russell Beale. 2010 ~ Melvyn Bragg. 2009 ~ Ben Fogle and James Cracknell. 2008 ~ Sponsor of the launch event.
- Flannels4Heroes ~ June 2011 to June 2014.
- Approached by a dear friends to get involved with this great event, having attended the first one, I was asked to come on board and acted as the Event Manager for the Charity 20:20 cricket, at Burton Court in the heart of Chelsea. Supporting the charity since it started in 2011, with overseeing the volunteers, managing the issuing of the kit and teams and, ensuring the smooth running of the day. This event raised over £150,000 for the beneficiary charities: Combat Stress, Walking with the Wounded, On Course Foundation and Help the Heroes.
- In 2012, I acted as a Category Judge for Editorial Intelligence for the acclaimed ‘The Comment Awards’. www.commentsawards.com
- In November 2013, I joined the charity, ‘ShootStraight’, as an Ambassador, to help raise awareness for excluded children in Central London, through acting workshops.
And, I have been associated with the following network associations:
- June 2010 to January 2016 – Member of Editorial Intelligence. Also a member of the steering committee from June 2012 till May 2013. www.editorialintelligence.com
- January 2011 to September 2015 – Business Biscotti as the Regional Ambassador for Central London. And, as Ambassador for Mayfair, Central London. www.businessbiscotti.co.uk.
- April 2009 to June 2014 – Member of Reading Business Club. www.readingbusinessclub.com
- February 2012 – Brainchild of “I Do” Wedding & Bridal Show at 1 Lombard Street with acclaimed jeweller Andrew Prince.
- September 2011 to April 2014 – Founder of the Henley Ladies Who Latte in Henley-on-Thames ~ www.ladieswholatte.com
- August 2011 – Business Partner of Silver Tribe – an online directory for restaurants in Ascot and surrounding areas. www.silvertribe.co.uk
- October 2011 – Co-Founder of VOWS (Visualise Our Wedding Secrets) Team with acclaimed jeweller, Andrew Prince and interior designer, Chelsea Gall. www.vowsblog.co.uk.