Over the years, I have understood the importance of a company giving something back and I have sponsored the Henley Literary Festival as SJD Events Limited and more recently as H&S. And, I gave my skills to Flannels4Heroes.
- Henley Literary Festival www.henleyliteraryfestival.co.uk
- I am one of the only companies to have supported this brilliant annual event, since it in 2008. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to sponsor the following artists and meet many inspirational authors. The authors that I have sponsored during this time are: 2021 ~ Dr Alex George and Dr Emma Hepburn 2020 ~ due to the pandemic it was a virtual/online festival however I still sponsored the event 2019 ~ Charlie Hart and Beth Lynch 2018 ~ Kate Humble 2017 ~ Sir Chris Bonnington 2016 ~ Harry Parker (Walking with the Wounded) 2015 ~ Lieutenant General Sir Barney White-Spunner. And the acclaimed Virginia McKenna. 2014 ~ Princess Michael of Kent. 2013 ~ Sir Michael Parker. 2012 ~ Penny Junor and Sir John Major. 2011 ~ Craig Brown, Eleanor Bron and Simon Russell Beale. And, the acclaimed Wilbur Smith. 2010 ~ Melvyn Bragg. 2009 ~ Ben Fogle and James Cracknell. 2008 ~ Sponsor of the launch event.
- Flannels4Heroes ~ June 2011 to June 2014.
- Acted as the Event Manager for the Charity 20:20 cricket at Burton Court in the heart of Chelsea. Supporting the charity since it started in 2011, with overseeing the volunteers, managing the kit and teams and ensuring the smooth running of the day. This event raised over £150,000 for the beneficiary charities: Combat Stress, Walking with the Wounded, On Course Foundation and Help the Heroes.
- Sarah Ducker acted as a Category Judge for Editorial Intelligence in 2012 for the acclaimed ‘The Comment Awards’. www.commentsawards.com
- SJD Events Limited joined the charity, ‘ShootStraight’ as an Ambassador in November 2013 to help raise awareness for excluded children through acting workshops.
And, SJD Events Limited, has been associated with the following network associations:
- Member of Editorial Intelligence. From June 2010 to January 2016. Also a member of the steering committee from June 2012 till May 2013. www.editorialintelligence.com
- Business Biscotti as the Regional Ambassador for Central London. And, as Ambassador for Mayfair, Central London. From January 2011 to September 2015. www.businessbiscotti.co.uk.
- Member of Reading Business Club. From 2009 to June 2014. www.readingbusinessclub.com
- Member of Reading Success Club formed in November 2011 to June 2014.
- Member of the ‘Core’ Team for “I Do” Wedding & Bridal Show at 1 Lombard Street in February 2012. www.1lombardstreet.com/weddings
- Founder of Henley Ladies Who Latte in Henley-on-Thames ~ www.ladieswholatte.com (However, stood down as Leader in September 2011 after four and a half years).
- Business Partner of Silver Tribe – an online directory for restaurants in Ascot and surrounding areas. Launched in August 2011 ~ www.silvertribe.co.uk
- Co-Founder of VOWS (Visualise Our Wedding Secrets) Team launched in October 2011 ~ www.vowsblog.co.uk.