Event / Fundraising Manager with over twenty two years experience in the hospitality industry and charity sector.
I set up SJD Events Limited over fourteen years ago, and during this time organised over 50 weddings of all sizes and budgets and many other special events. http://www.sjdevents.com
However, in 2014, I decided to step back from Weddings and find a niche in the charity sector.
- May 2018 to date – Maggie’s Chairwomen, BADA ‘Secret Garden’ dinner – Thursday 21st March 2019, raising funds for the new Maggie’s Centre at Royal Marsden Sutton.
- September 2018 to date – Event Manager, There But Not There (Remembered Charity). Working on events such as TFL collection days, Services of Remembrance at Westminster and Bring Tommy Home for Christmas with John Lewis Stores.
- March 2017 to date – Volunteer with Friends of the Royal Marsden at Chelsea. Oversee the 25 volunteers for Meet & Greet and also help in Outpatients with water and anything else required, 10 to 12 hours a week.
- September 2015 to February 2017 – Coming Home (Haig Housing). I undertook a consultancy role, 2 days a week with Coming Home the fundraising arm of Haig Housing Trust where I had been volunteering with them since May. I worked on the Tower of London For Queen & Country event where we projected images on the exterior, the first time ever. I also worked on the Rankin book ‘For Queen & Country’ and created an art exhibition with other military artists at the Motor Village in Marylebone.
- May to December 2015, Voluntary work at Maggie’s Head Office, London. Maggie’s is a cancer charity that offers support through 19 drop in centres throughout the UK for everyone suffering with the effects Cancer has on your life. It is an amazing charity and in September 2015 with six friends we did Culture Crawl through the night as Rainbow Warriors.
- February to September 2014, I undertook a consultancy role as Event Manager for Combat Stress (The Veterans’ Mental Health Charity) working on a number of key events within the Fundraising team.